Monday, May 28, 2007

This is EARLY for me

It's about 5:55 AM and it's early! I was actually up at about 5:15 because my son P woke me up. I'm reading a book about anger and it says something to the fact that anger is not bad, it shows you that there is something goin on. It's how you deal with that something (getting angry) that is bad. So I was angry that P woke up his sister also at 5:15. I went into their room and picked up P's pillows (that's why he woke me up) and I rubbed his head and he and A went back to sleep. I came down to go to the bathroom (sorry, is that too much personal info?) and thought this would be a great time to be alone and blog. I really should be spending time with God in the word... I'll do that after this. This is an accomplishment for me because I usually have a hard time getting up in the morning. It's my fault though. I stay up way too late at night and the kids are usually up between 6 and 6:30. I don't get up when they do but I should. I usually let them come in our room and I put a movie on for them to watch and I try to sleep for a bit longer. if they get bored with that they usually go down stairs and get out food and tend to make a mess of things. Then I get angry with them and then with myself for getting angry with them. If I would just "get up" with them they wouldn't make such a mess and I wouldn't get angry. Oh man, what a vicious cycle.
So any way, what I'm trying to say? I don't know. I'm awake, still a bit sleepy. Maybe I'll lay back down after my quiet time. Probably shouldn't though. So in the end it was a good thing that P woke me up early!! Thanks buddy!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you! I remember Pastor Gary preaching on my first mother's day. He said moms should never let their children wake up before them. Because then the kids set the tone for the day. It's better for the Mom to be up first to set the proper tone.

I have to say, it's really true! I love being up before them. Somehow, starting the day in silence makes the noise more tolerable for the rest of the day.

Now if I could only do it! I'm the same as you, I stay up too late! We should take turns calling each other around 9 pm, we could be accountability partners on this one....

jessica said...

What a vicious cycle it is! oh the anger.

I too like getting up before them to start the day off right, with God. But its doing that that is the hard part.