Sunday, May 6, 2007

baseball vs. knitting

#1 My husband is a HUGE baseball fan. His all time favorite team is the Milwaukee Brewers. He has been a Brewers fan for as long as he can remember, for winning seasons (now) and not winning seasons. He loves going to Brewers games and wishes that he could go to more games than he gets to go to, tickets are kinda expensive and he works a lot and stuff. Oh well, but when he does go we have to be in our seats before the national anthem and we can't leave till the games over, even if there is a big margin between the scores.

#2 But I'm not complaining too much because I actually like the Brewers too. I didn't get into baseball until we got together but now I'm hooked. I'll even listen to a game on the radio in the car instead of music sometimes.

#3 I love to knit. My friend Amy taught me how about 2 years ago and I really enjoy it. I'm not very good yet, but I'm working on it. Amy has been knitting for years so she's really good. She can knit and watch tv or something at the same time... I can't. With that in mind...

#4 Amy told me about this thing called Stitch n' Pitch where people can bring knitting or any kind of needle craft thing to a major league baseball game on a designated night and "stitch" at the game. I was so excited to go to a Brewers game which I like and be able to knit with my friends which I like. I told my HUGE Brewers fan husband about this and he said it was a dumb idea and that he wasn't gonna pay money for me to go to a game and not even watch it but to knit. I really wanna go and I'm sure I can convince him to let me go. It's a good way to get people (women especially) to go to a baseball game. It's happening all over the country not just in Milwaukee.
So...baseball vs. knitting...which one's gonna win in this house? Will he let me go with my knitting or am I gonna have to leave the sticks at home?

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

Oh man! My DH loves the pirates. So we did the stitch n pitch last year. it was awesome. he loved it and we plan on getting tickets this year also. he likes it b/c we go to a game i like it b/c of the free stuff we get and we leave the kids at home. but my DH knows i can knit and watch the game at the same time. i'm always watching tv and knitting so going to a game is the same thing. plus it's an extra game that my DH gets to go to. and i think he likes the fact that i brought it up and that i really wanted to go. I like going to the games so it wasn't a hard stretch to want to go to stitch n pitch...
i'm rambeling.