Thursday, May 17, 2007

parents(grand)

So for Mother's Day I made my MIL a black and purple knitted/felted bag and she absolutely loved it. I made a similar one for myself and we are going to get together soon and try to line them.
I guess I am the first one in our "group" to cut "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" a button hole in an already felted purse. Jessica helped a bunch with it cuz I was real scared. It turned out real good actually.
Then I stitched on a button that Jessica made for me. It was made out of clay and then baked in the oven and then I painted a glaze over the top of it.

I know I'm not the greatest knitter and I will never be. I'm just glad that I discovered this gift that God has given me a my prayer is that I can use it (the gift of knitting) to give Him ALL the glory!!

My creative little busy bodies (with a little help from mama) made these for their grandmas for Mother's Day. They were so proud of the work that they did and they were so excited to tell them what they made. But for the most part they did a good job at keeping it a secret.









My husband and I are so blessed to have our parents around us. Neither of us grew up living close to any of our grandparents and we didn't really get to see them that often. We are so glad that our children can grow up for now with all 4 of their grandparents living so close. P and A love spending time with Nana and Bumpa and Granny and Papa, even more then with us, which is fine. God sure has blessed my husband and I with great parents.

I wasn't sure what to title this post, but I guess parents(grand) sounds nice :)
P.S. I made something for my mom as well for Mother's Day but I just got them back as we speek...type...read...(15 minutes ago). I knit and felted something for her but they didn't felt right so Jessica took them and worked her "magic" not "magic" but her "gift" and fixed them. I'm too tired to take pix, I'll try to get them on here maybe tomorrow. Night : zzzzzzzzzzzzz
















2 comments:

StarKnits said...

Jessica told me about the button! it looks great on the great purse you knit. That's the fun of felting you can be the worst at knitting (or crochet) and still once you felt the project it looks awesome!
thanks for stopping by the blog.. nope no snow! i'm not surprised though.. LOL.

jessica said...

The pures looks great! I really want to make one but I'm on a yarn diet I'm told...

How did your mom like her gift?!