Tuesday, May 1, 2007

shhhh he's sleeping

My 5 1/2 year old son has been asleep in his own bed since 9 o'clock ish PTL!! :) For those of you who don't know... for about the past almost month or son my son has not wanted to sleep in his bed. To make a long story short, he wants to sleep with me in my bed when my husband is at work (he works 3rd shift) and when he finally falls asleep in his bed he comes into my bed in the middle of the night without waking me up and falls back to sleep. I either see him later but am too tired to put him back to bed or I don't see him till morning. Well last night my husband and I decided that we need to be consistent and have our son sleep only in his room. Last night was tough with crying and running and getting up 2 times in the middle of the night. But we made it through and hopefully tonight will be a bit easier.
I never thought that parenting would be so hard. Nobody ever talks about how hard it is, and even if someone would have tried to tell you before you had kids you probably wouldn't believe them. It's funny... while P (my son) was crying and screaming last night he said "fine mama doesn't love me!" Too bad he doesn't realize that if I didn't love him I'd let him sleep in my room and get his way all the time and not discipline him. Oh well, some day he'll understand. Probably when he calls me and says that his child refuses to sleep in their bed!! :)

1 comment:

jessica said...

I'm glad to hear that, I hope it keeps going well! You guys are in my prayers!