Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fire Works

I love fire works as much as the next person, especially on the 4th of July! I love sitting and watching all the beautiful colors that light up the sky. I remember when I was a kid, my dad would set off some of our own fire works. Even though I haven't done that since I was a kid. My children are not into loud noise so any kind of loud...anything is pretty much out for us. Oh well. So last night when we got home from watching the fire works display in a neighboring community we were not surprised to hear fire works and fire crackers going off somewhere behind our house. I told myself, "Hey, it's the 4th. It's only 10 ish at night. No big deal." Our kids were freaking out at the loudness but we kept reassuring them that they were only noises, they were not going to get hurt, blah blah blah. I was a bit worried that they would have a hard time falling asleep but they had such a long and semi busy day they fell asleep pretty fast. Around 11:30 ish my husband and I decided to watch a movie. The neighborhood fire works were still going off fairly often. We had to turn the volume up pretty far to hear the movie during some points. Granted the windows in our bedroom were opened so that didn't help with the noise, but still. Even if our windows were closed we'd still hear the fire works. I wanna say the neighborhood noise went on until at least 1:30 in the morning. Luckily the kids didn't wake up and we didn't have to work the next morning. I don't mind if someone wants to set off some fire works, just have some consideration for others. Going until 1:30 AM is pretty rude, don't you think?!?! And speaking of fire works...why is is legal to buy and sell fire works in the city we live in but it's not legal to set them off?

No comments: