Sunday, July 8, 2007

summer

I know it's been a while since I've blogged... is it me or have I written this or something to this effect before. I was thinking that things this summer would slow down a bit, but they haven't. I didn't think I signed the kids up for too many activities this summer but for whatever reason we just seem extra busy. I'm still working this summer, same hours as during the school year (I am a school age child care teacher) Paul doesn't have school. Who knows. We're busy and I guess that's just the way it is. The kids don't seem to mind so I guess that's good. Annika is in gymnastics 2 times a week and she just loves it. She gets so excited when she realizes she has gymnastics the next day. She jumps up and down and yells "GYMNASTICS Yeah Yeah Yeah!!" It's cute.
So I signed up for flylady because I just can't keep up with my house anymore. Well... not anymore because that makes it sound like I used to be able to. I have never been able to keep a good house. It was a little easier BK (before kids) but now it just seems impossible. So from what I've read and heard about flylady it seems pretty easy. But I just can't do it. I am not disciplined and that's my problem. And I'm lazy too. If we'd all just put things away when we're done with them our house wouldn't look so bad. The other thing about flylady is the e-mails. I am getting a gazillion of them. I think I can change something on it so I can get them in on lump e-mail (that sounds weird) the e-mails are good reminders and testimonials, they're just overwhelming to me and my husband who shares the e-mail address with me. Oh well!!!
So that's that for now. My husband is almost done running on the treadmill that we just got. I walked on it for about 25 minutes this morning. I really hope we continue to be motivated to use it almost every day the way it is meant to be used and not as a thing to hang clothes on or something that just collects dust. Then we are going to watch a movie and fold about 5ish loads of laundry. I don't have a problem washing clothes. I just have a problem folding and putting clothes away where they belong. I think it goes back to being lazy and not disciplined. Oh well... I'm a work in progress. Good night :)

8 comments:

jessica said...

Very cool that you got a treadmill! I'm a little jealous;o) We need to get together on one of your non busy mornings! I miss you!

Karin said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for the link to your blog. It was great to run into you again! Your kids are adorable! Wish I was in Sheboygan more. I always think of that when I am there. Hope things are going well for you. It's fun to see how crafty you are. :-) Oh, also, I've tried flylady too but I couldn't keep up with it. You know what works? Putting your house on the market! Now my house is always clean....heh.

Karin said...

Oh, and just in case:

http://shesaid.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

A treadmill? That's very cool! Congrats! (There goes my plan to make all my friends heavier than me....)

I signed up for Flylady a bazillion years ago and quickly put a stop on the emails. She sends one about every 5 minutes! It's horrible. I do like her cleaning schedule though. I've started it up again. Home blessing on Mondays, Zone Cleaning on Wednesdays. Good luck! Just try to do it for 8 weeks. After that, your house will be so clean,and you'll be so used to it, it'll be a breeze!

jessica said...

U rock....come visit my blog for details!

Beth said...

Heather! Kudos to you on the treadmill! I have a treadmill and I haven't used it for over a year! LOL!! It's quite sad actually! Exercise and I have a love-hate relationship!! Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it! :)

Stacey said...

Hey Heather! I'm a fellow blogger now! I don't really have much posted yet though. You didn't call me back last night....I'm trying not to be bitter :) Call/email me!

Stacey said...

Hey Heather! Are you still alive and well?? Hey, let me know what the right email is please so we can keep in touch that way. Or we could always call and chat a little. Let me know when a good time is. Hope to be in touch with you soon!!!